JEMH Transition linked issues post function clone operation

Deleted user October 29, 2017

I am using "Transition Linked issues" post function using JEMH add-on. 

I am cloning a bug (converting to user story) and then closing the bug. As soon as user story is cloned/created , the post function for transitioning the bug to closed state should execute. But somehow it does not seem to work.  I placed the post function in user story workflow (on CREATE) after all functions .

Any help?

Thanks,

Swathi

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user October 31, 2017

Oops, that's a typo. Its not JEMH, it is JMWE :)

Also, here is the solution from JMWE support team : 

It is not working because JIRA creates issue links after the Create transition finishes. It can't work as the link between the newly created issue and the current issue is created only after the Create transition completes. The solution is to:

1. Create a hidden (Hide it using "Hide transition" condition of JMWE) auto-transition, say "Auto", from the Open status to itself.
  2. Add the Transition linked issues post-function to it, to trigger the transition "Close" on linked issues with link type "clones" (not "is cloned by")
  3. On the Create transition add the Transition issue post-function, to trigger the "Auto" transition (delete the existing Transition linked issues post-function). Move it to the end of the list
  4. Publish the workflow and clone the Bug as a Story.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events