Issues with the satus Done are not visible in the product backlog and sprints

Ana Ferreira December 7, 2022

When an issue status is changed to Done, it's no longer visible in the Product Backlog and sprints.

All the other status are visible, except this one. How can I configure it to be visible?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Um, issues that are done should not appear in the backlog.  The backlog is your list of issues to be done.

If they are disappearing from your board when you mark them done in the active sprint, then you probably have not mapped the done status to the right column.

Agree with the Backlog, but they should be visible in the sprint, otherwise, you lose visibility over what is done. According to the image below, the column done is mapped with the status, but the count is still null.

Do you have any other tip?

Thank you,

Ana.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

What is the board's filter?  Could it be excluding the done issues?

Where can I see that?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2022

Check the "general" tab in the board configuration (from the options menu near the top right of the board - the ... menu)

The options menu has the options: Edit Sprint, Manage workflow, Manage Custom filters and configure board. I went to the configure board page and I have the following options:

Sem título.jpgWich one should I check?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2022

Ah, ok, that means you are using a simple board which does not have a filter setting.  You can assume the filter behind the scenes is "Project = XYZ".

Which puts us in a place where you don't actually have any "done" issues to be shown on the board, according to your screenshot!

Could you try a search for "project = XYZ and status = done"?  Does that get you any results?

Yes, I even created a list with the issues "done" for a certain sprint. They are visible on the issues list, associated with the right sprint, but they disappear from the sprint when they are done. If you want to check a certain sprint, it is empty!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2022

Ok, I think we need a screenshot of a sample issue.  

By that, I mean we should identify an issue that you think should be showing on the sprint, but does not.  So a search for something like "project = XYZ, and sprint = 123 and Status = done" (for the board you gave us the config for in your screenshot in response to Marta earlier)

Like Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hey @Ana Ferreira 

First thing to check would be to take a look at the board settings and see if the "Done" status is maybe not mapped to any column - if thats the issue you just map it to the right column.

If that is not it - please take a look at the board JQL query if it is not somehow excluding this status.

If you need help with this things - please post a screen shot of the board settings and JQL query and we can take a look at it together :)

Hi @Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk  thanks for your help.

I checked that the column is associated with the status done (image below).Board1.jpgI can't find the board JQL query though, can you help me?

Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Sure : ) Go to Board settings > General and look at Filter query - if it is okay - you can copy it and paste it here in the comment

jql.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events