Issues not showing up in the Kanban board(Next-generation Project)

Hector Garcia April 23, 2021

Hi All, 

Thanks in advance for all help / orientation provided. 

We have a next Generation project - Kanban board. It was working smoothly . After we got into our issue number 534 issues are not showing up anymore in the board. We still can access them by the top filter on the right, but we of course need them in the board . Any idea where to start troubleshooting

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hector Garcia May 20, 2021

The answer is that our Manager enabled the BACKLOG feature. The issues created are going directly to the backlog and then you have to moved them manually to the board. 

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hi Hector - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

WOW - over 500 issues on a single board seems unmanageable to me. Have you added any new columns recently or changed the settings? 

Take a look at this previous post to see if it helps you any. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Board-view-for-next-gen-project-showing-Your-board-has-too-many/qaq-p/1494695

There is probably a limit for the number of cards the board can handle. You might need to look at breaking it up into separate projects or move it to a Company-managed project. 

Hector Garcia April 23, 2021

Thanks for the help. Not quite sure if the number of issues might be the problem. There are many of them, but I'm confident than complex products usually end into many teams working on the same board, at least that's what agile practices recommend. But once again thanks for the help I'll take a look into the links you are providing me , thank you. 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events