Issues mapping for closed sprints

Deepak May 17, 2021

Hello Community,

I am migrating issues from Dev to production. There are 950 issues in Dev and we have more than 15 closed sprints. I would like to migrate same issues to the production and map the same sprints that have been closed. How i need to migrate those issues and map closed sprints. 

Regards,

Deepak

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Hello @Deepak,

If I were you I would try to create the 15 Sprints in your Production instance, then use the "Sprint" field in your Jira issues in order to be able to do the mapping,

Let me know if it helps, 

Deepak May 17, 2021

Hi @Guilhem Dupuy 

Thanks for the response.

I've performed same, by creating same sprint names in the production. I've mapped issues to the sprint and sprint is part of screens as well. Now i can see that, the issues which are not part of Active Sprints are shown in Backlog and issues which are part of Sprints are not shown in Active sprints. 

FYI: All the sprints are open and issues are closed status. This may be reason?

Sprint error.PNG

Please find error log

Thank You

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Deepak ,

Yes I think this is the reason, 

You're in a Scrum project and the closed issues are not displayed in the Backlog anymore,

However you can find them in the Jira search.

Let me know if it helps,

Guilhem

Deepak May 17, 2021

My question is here, how to map those issues to the closed sprints. As mentioned, I've created all the sprints which are open and i cannot map issues to the sprints. 

Please guide

Thanks

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

Oh I see,

For this, you have to go to the search bar which is at the top of your Jira, click on it and press "Enter" to enter the Jira Search.

From there, you can look for all the issues of your project and map them, even the closed issues.

You can also use the bulk change operation to do this more quickly and map several issues at a time.

Deepak May 19, 2021

Hello @Guilhem Dupuy 

Thanks for the solution. That worked after creating all the sprint and generated sprint ID for them and mapped issues through bulk. 

Regards,

Deepak

Like Guilhem Dupuy likes this

Suggest an answer