Issues in moving 1000 jira issues from 1 project to another project

Amanda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2021

Hi, I have a need to move 1000 Jira issues from 1 project to another and i always receive operation failed at my last steps. Any suggestions / solutions?

I cannot afford to do partial migration as the issues are tied to epics and they all need to be moved together.

Kindly advice. Thanks. 

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2021

Hi Amanda,

I would do a filter such as key in (ABC-123, ABC-456) and "Epic Link" in (ABC-123, ABC-456)

That will move those two epics and all of the issues in those epics. Do that as many times are you need to until all of your issues left are under 1,000

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2021

I have never attempted to move anywhere close to 1000 issues before. However my question is why must you move them all at once? Why can you not do a partial? You can address the epic links once the issues are moved.

Suggest an answer