Issue with dates

Irena Serna December 3, 2019

When I create a card sometimes I don't want to set the Start and Due date right away. But, if I don't set it system populates these dates to the current date. I want them to be blank/undefined.

Is it possible to disable this behavior?

Thank you in advance

Irena, 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Irena Serna December 5, 2019

I will post the answer and explanation from SoftwarePlant Support:

As you have noticed, when your project is in BigPicture program scope then our plugin will automatically populate the Start/End date with the date available which in this case will be your creation date. This is necessary in order to represent tasks within the timelines as task bars.

First of all, you will need to disable the WBS widget.

In the next step please open your scope definition of your program and input the following JQL extra filtering conditions:

NOT  ("Start date" is EMPTY and "End date" is EMPTY)

Now, when you create a new task in your project and you won't populate start and end date you won't see this task on the Gantt chart until you input Start/End Date.

I hope that this might help anyone else with the same issue.

@John Funk Thank you for your interest.

Best,

Irena

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

Great - thanks for posting that!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2019

Hi Irena - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project are you using? 

You should be able to check the workflow for that project and see what is happening when you execute the Create transition of the workflow. 

It is a next-gen project. I don't have workflow configuration.

And we noticed this on a lot of projects (all next-gen) as if it is some global configuration, but I couldn't find it.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2019

Is it a Scrum project?

No, it is Kanban.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2019

That's very strange - I have a test Next-gen project and it does not populate those fields. Do you use any other add-ons like ScriptRunner or Automation for Jira that might be populating those fields?

I am trying to find out what is causing this. I have BigPicture only.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2019

I am not familiar with that one. The other option would be to come back right behind it and null them out using something like Automation for Jira or ScriptRunner. 

Irena Serna December 4, 2019

I definitely think it is related to Big Picture (that is a plugin for creating Gantt chart) because we are using these fields there. I wrote to the support team of Big Picture (SoftwarePlant) and I hope that they will answer me with some solution.

Thank you

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2019

Sounds like you are on the right path. Please post back a reply here to what you found out so we can close this one out.  :-)

Irena Serna December 5, 2019

Yes, of course, I will post the answer and explanation from SoftwarePlant Support

Suggest an answer