Issue with Dashboard Gadget Assigned to me for 'Unresolved issues'

Simone Lechte December 10, 2020

Hi!

I am trying to set up my own dashboard as my central go-to place to follow up on all outstanding issues in all projects that are assigned to me. When I use the Gadget 'Assigned to me' it states that it's from unresolved issues however it is bringing up issues that are marked as done. I am unsure if this is a bug, limitation or there is a setting within each project that I have to map certain status types as 'Resolved'.

Can anyone please assist me?

Thank you 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

It's not a biug or limitation.

Your Jira system has been (mis)configured to get it wrong. 

You should engage with your Jira admins and ask them why they have not considered setting the resolution field when issues go into a "done" status.

Re-reading this, i think I sound terse and grumpy.  I do not mean to.  I think I am very tired of people pretending to be Jira admins when they do not really know what they are doing.  I don't think that applies to you, I think one of your admins has simply missed something.

Simone Lechte December 10, 2020

Hi Nic, 
Thank you for your response

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2022

By the way I still think there is a bug here. I have an employee with Assigned to me gadget that shows 26 issues for him of which 24 are Done with Resolution set to Done. When I search in filters window with this JQL

project=ITOPS and assignee = 557058:bc8b32f0-a1ee-451b-a1bb-78dc09bd1e76 and resolution is empty

those issues are not shown

And the reason for that I guess is because Done status is not green

Untitled.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

The status colour (category) has nothing to do with it. It is purely the current assignee and the resolution.

In your case, my guesses would be either someone has added a second resolution field, or your index is damaged.

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2022

Maybe, but when I changed category to Green the dashboard widget stoped showing Done issues. It may be a coincidence, but I still think that issue should be in final status to be filtered from the widget.

I do not have index, it is Jira Cloud.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events