Issue not showing in main board

Jessica Manins November 29, 2021

When creating an issue by using the issue button at the top of the board it can be seen in the issues but not in any column.

If I create an issue directly on the board using + it will show in the column.

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hello @Jessica Manins 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Are you working with a Kanban board or a Scrum board?

If you are working with a Kanban board, do you have the Backlog screen enabled?

Jessica Manins November 30, 2021

Thanks, it's team managed and Kanban board.

I think Backlog is enabled. I can see the list on the left side when I click on it but the issues I'm trying to find are not there, they only show under Issues.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

@Jessica Manins 

Can you provide some screen images of

1. Your backlog screen

2. Your board view

3. Under the ... button for your board select Configure Board and provide a screen image of the Columns And Statuses page

4. Under Project Settings > Issue Types, click the Edit Workflow button and provide a screen image of the workflow.

5. An issue that you created that does not appear where you expect it to appear

Like Akshay Pawar likes this

Is there some way here to do this privately to get help?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2021

You black out any sensitive info.

For the backlog screen and board view I wanted to see if you had any filters or grouping selected, and see the Project Key of the issues in the board.

For the Columns And Statuses page I wanted to see how the Statuses were mapped to columns.

For the Workflow, I wanted to see what the destination status was for the Create transition.

For the example newly created issue that isn't showing up, I wanted to see what its status was, and confirm that it was created in the project against which your board is configured.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Suhail Wani November 29, 2021

@Jessica Manins Please also check the statuses which you have mapped to the columns on the board! When you create the issue, is the first status mapped to any column on the board? Is your first status backlog? 

It says they are all mapped. I've just changed the flow to have Backlog first but still not showing.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2021

Hi @Jessica Manins 

See to it that the default values are auto-populated when you are creating the Issues and take a look at the board filter once for troubleshooting. 

Also if you have configured any Automation it would be good to take a look at the Settings once

Where is the board filter? I can see how to save filters but not how to search. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2021

For a Team Managed project you get all issues in the project in the board. There is not a customizable filter for boards for Team managed projects.

That is relevant only for a Company Managed project.

Thanks, just going to go back to using the + I think :) 

Lasse H June 21, 2023

Hi @Jessica Manins, did you ever get a proper answer for this? I have the exact same problem here 18 months later and no idea how to fix it.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2023

@Lasse H 

I recommend that you create your own new Question and provide all the information about your scenario, rather than posting on a Question that has been inactive for a year and a half.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events