Issue isn't marking as resolved after setting status

David Weller March 9, 2021

Hello, 

For epics, stories and subtasks I've kept using the original workflow that is provided with Jira called "Software simplified workflow". From what I can see it does everything that is required. When I move from any status to "done" then it marks the issue as resolved. 

However, I'm finding this doesn't work from the workflow I created for defects. I've created it, and added 4 status I want to trigger resolved:

• Fixed
  • Can't reproduce
  • Won't fix
  • Duplicate

I've added them all into the category "done" but when I move a defect from any status to these it doesn't mark them as resolved. 

• I tried adding the already existing "Done" status into the workflow to test out, but when I select that it doesn't move the bug to resolved either - which was odd because I thought the status were shared. 
  • I want to keep the transitions for each item to "all"

From what I can see, there was mention of setting the post-function but I can't see that option anywhere. I can see properties but that's it. 

Could someone help me resolve this? I'm sure it's something I'm missing that is quite simple but I can't find anything from doing a side by side comparison on the status that works in the simplied workflow. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Documentation on post-functions in workflows is here.

A quick comparison of workflows won't show you this difference (as you discovered!). You have to go into the "Done" transition in order to see the conditions, post-functions, etc, that are configured on that transition.

I've included a visual below, with the steps for you:

1. View the "Done" transition to see the things you can adjust on that transition.
  2. Go to the "Post Functions" tab
  3. Check for an existing function like the 2nd one shown below. If missing, click the "Add post function" link.
  4. Create a new post function as shown.

SetResolutionPostFunction.png

David Weller March 9, 2021

I realised, I was double clicking the transition rather than just pressing! All resolved now! Thank you for the response, only came to this realisation due to what you posted!

Like # people like this
Marcelo Araldi September 16, 2022

Thank you @Mykenna Cepek

Your reply helped me a lot! :)

Like Mykenna Cepek likes this

Suggest an answer