Issue creation, post function "If user is a member of the ... role, set issue security level ..."

Tristan Leask May 19, 2022

Hi All.  I am trying the default a project to have no security issue set on issues created by users, but then when an issue is created from an email, to then set the security role to a locked down "assignee, creator and admin" type scheme.

I know how to set the default security scheme and have been using that for a while, where new issues are auto locked down, but now I want to switch it.

I have an email handler setup so that emails get created as issues as a particular generic user "email_reporter".  That "email_reporter" is set as the only user in a project role, and I am using that project role with the workflow for the project, on the create, to use the post function, "If user is a member of the ... role, set issue security level ...".

I would have thought that when the email handler picks up the email and then creates the new issue as "email_reporter", the post function would see that email reporter is in the specific group, and then set the security scheme to my chosen scheme.  This doesn't appear to be working though.

Is my logic sound?  Does email reporter need to be part of my security scheme?  Why would this not work?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

Hi Tristan - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You might consider using an Automation rule that on issue create checks the value of the reporter and sets the security level then. 

Tristan Leask May 24, 2022

Brilliant... I had no idea that this could be done.  This should do the job!  Thanks

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Great! Glad I could help. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events