Issue Sidebar > Link Issue > relation type dropdown style issue

Ben Zurkow May 4, 2021

When I open an issue on the sidebar and try to link another issue, the dropdown does not allow me to see the full width of the values for relation-type that I want to select. This causes, for example, `has to be done after` and `has to be done before` to both appear as `has to be done...` with no way to differentiate between the two.

Does anyone have a fix or a way to report this to the Jira team?

Please see the below screenshot for reference.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 10.00.22 AM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2021

Hi @Ben Zurkow

from what I can see you opened the following bug which is just great:

This is the correct approach to let Atlassian know that the current implementation is of inconvenience to your team.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

I don't have any long labels like these. If you hover over the values does it show you the full text?

To report it to Atlassian you could open a support case, or use the Provide Feedback option if that appears in your issue view.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 8.17.56 AM.png

Other than that the only work around I know of is to modify the link labels to make them shorter or put a key word at the beginning.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events