Issue Resolution update

Vishnu S December 1, 2022

I have few issues when it is was moved to the final state "Released"  Resolution is not updated as Resolved and it has still been in Resolution: Unresolved which is not correct also this was impacting the "Average age chart" used in the Jira dashboard as it looks for the Resolved state to create a graph.

Later the workflow is updated with the post function to update the resolution as resolved for final state 'Released'. Further which the resolution is updated as expected for newly created issues. But it is not getting updated to the existing issues in the final state.

Can we achieve this for existing issues also by anyways?? Please provide your inputs or guidance.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Vishnu S welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Setting a resolution for a 'Done' status category was indeed the correction to do.

However, this won't change the resolution for issues which were already transferred.

Please follow this KB article: How to Edit the Resolution of a Jira Issue

Vishnu S December 1, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs ,

Thank you for your quick response.

I was considering the workaround on re-transit the issues back or doing bulk update, but I am afraid that "The Average Age" chart will be impacted.

I may try using the Script Runner plugin to see if I can update only the resolution field without making any changes in status transition.

Regards

Vishnu

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

The resolution date will indeed be set once the resolution is not, not upon the date/time of the status change. This will indeed impact the Average Age chart.

Charts, KPIs and SLAs are useful, more important is to understand them and being able to explain them.

If you can explain WHY the average for a certain period is higher (because of this correction), I'm sure people will understand.

Vishnu S December 4, 2022

Thanks @Dave Mathijs 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events