Issue Collector Problem Submitting Your Feedback

Kevin DuArte January 7, 2021

After finally customizing Issue Collector (very convoluted) it has stopped working. :( Clicking on Submit returns the message "There was a problem submitting your feedback, likely due to the configuration of this form. You might want to contact the site owner to let them know about this issue."

3 answers

0 votes

I did remove all fields from the Issue Collector that were useless, such as Description because you can't prepopulate text in it. So created a new field I could.

Are there fields that must be in the Issue Collector?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Summary is the most important part. Anything that you set as a require field in the issue type tied to the collector page should be shown. Usually, when using an issue collector, the best practice is keep it simple possible since the user could any type of user. Therefore, as admins, we want to make it easy to use so they can provide feedback. The more fields, the less likely user will provide info. 

Hope this helps.

Yeah, didn't touch Summary as it looked mandatory. Just created a text field with prePopulated text framework to help people give a more structured bug report (steps to reproduce, result). As I find folks report opinions and leave out the how and what. Added a couple of Custom Fields: Application (picklist), OS (picklist), Bug Type (picklist).

I did remove the original description field from all screens as it looked like I could not be prepopulated with text. Wondering is this one was required?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Doesn't need to be. Usually, it use and can be populate with text by configuring the field context.

Kevin DuArte January 8, 2021

Still haven't found the issue. My wife is good with database systems and she spent a couple of hours too. All looks fine from form to issue type. All fields on the Issue Collector is present in the associated Bug issue screen. Time for paid help, so I can get back to marketing...

0 votes

Makes sense. The Issue Collector needs to know where to store the entered data in the target issue screen. The default issue type for the Issue Collector is Bug. I've added all my custom fields added to the Issue Collector to the Bug screen, but No Go.

I've verified that my custom fields are in these screens

Default ScreenWorkflow ScreenResolve Issue ScreenCT: Kanban Default Issue ScreenCT: Kanban Bug Screen

And this context:

This custom field has the following 1 context applied.Create, edit or delete contextsDefault Configuration Scheme for A Test Custom FieldDefault configuration scheme generated by JiraThis field will be available on issues of type Bugin all projectsThis field will not appear on any issues that do not match the above contexts. Learn more

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

Hi Kevin,  Would first start checking on the issue type in the project it maps to.

See if

• there was any required fields that should be listed on the form.
  • Make sure the reporter has access to the project. 

The main things is the form must be configured in the same way it is needed to create the issue straight in Jira.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events