Is there any way to reuse an existing project?

Trisha July 29, 2021

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any way to reuse a particular projects once it is done?

Ex. - It is assigned to one person and he completed all the tasks. Now, I would like to assign it to someone else. So rather than duplicating the project or using the template and creating a new project I want to reuse that project!

Any leads or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

Projects are not assigned to people, they are a container for issues.

If you've stopped using one, but want to start using it again, do just that - start creating and working on issues in it again.  You probably want to have a look at the members of the project and add the right people into it, but there's no real "reuse", just "start using it again"

Trisha July 30, 2021

Thanks!

0 votes
Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

If you don’t need the tickets in that project anymore you can also archive or delete them depending on the Jira version you’re using. 

You might want to also look at the project settings before reusing it to make sure it still fits your needs too. 

Like @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- said though if you want to use it just use it. 

Trisha July 30, 2021

Thank You!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events