Is there any way to prevent Align users from compromising the rank in the backlog view of Portfolio?

Jayme Burkhalter August 23, 2022

No matter what permissions I set on any given role, the ability to move Portfolio Epics in the backlog with drag/drop still exists for any Align Role.  We want certain individuals to be able to access this view and see our ranked list of Portfolio Epics, but it is hugely problematic that they can still drag and drop items that are ranked by leadership.  I have yet to find a role setting that prevents this.  Does anyone else know?

thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hello @Jayme Burkhalter 

Are you talking about activities that are happening in the Jira Align UI or the Jira Software UI? You've posted this in the Jira Software forum, but I wonder if you are actually talking about the Jira Align functionality.

If this is actually about functionality within Jira Align, you may want to report in the community specifically for Jira Align:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-questions/qa-p/jira-align-questions

After you provide clarity on the above, and if it turns out you are actually talking about Jira Software then I might be able to offer advice.

Jayme Burkhalter August 25, 2022

Hi @Trudy Claspill thank you for calling that out.  I was in fact talking about Align, my mistake.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events