Is there a way to create field sections in Jira Software Cloud?

Jamie Biesinger May 5, 2023

I'd love to be able to group my fields into different sections so it's easier to find information. Is there any way to do this other than tabs? 

1 answer

0 votes
Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2023

hi @Jamie Biesinger 

There is no native way in JIRA to group fields in different sections but if you have some resources within your organization to write some code, you could have such functionality.

If you are interested, i can provide some links to start coding.

Alternatively, you if you have JIRA Service Management, you can use Forms feature to create a beautiful layout for issue creation. JIRA Service Management is free for 3 agents. The JSM Portal is highly configurable as well and has many templates that could fit into different support models. Check a quick example below.

firefox_mJtBkxoRec.gif

Depending on your business context and the importance of this feature to your customers/teams, you can decide whether it worth investing the effort to make such setup.

If further support or elaboration is needed feel free to refer back with some additional info about your business context/model/needs

Cheers,

Karim

Jamie Biesinger May 8, 2023

Hi Karim!

Thank you so much. I'd love it if you can send some resources over to code it. I haven't tried to code in JIRA but I'd love to gain a new skill :)

Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

hi @Jamie Biesinger 

You are most welcomed Jamie.

To be more specific i meant by coding is to write a custom JIRA app. Atlassian has a dedicated a platform for developers who would like to develop apps to extend and offer more capabilities/features. Developers can sell their apps also on the Marketplace.

Welcome to the Forge World

Here is One simple Example about Custom UI

Good Luck and hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,

Karim

Like Jamie Biesinger likes this
Jamie Biesinger May 9, 2023

Thank you Karim :)

Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

hi @Jamie Biesinger 

You are most welcomed.

If you think the answers were helpful, thanks to mark the answer as accepted so it would help other community members looking for a solution to a similar scenario.

Cheers,

Karim

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events