Is there a way to add a general message for all users at Jira (like a "notice" message)

maria lidia campo January 5, 2022

Hi guys!

Context: in my company we are going to turn off the ability for all users to create "team managed projects" (at least for a while) since, having worked with Atlassian, this is one of the main causes of our bad performance (the amount of projects we have with this style). Our current configuration is that any user can create a team managed project

We had communicated internally to our users via our channels that is going to happen (turn off team managed projects) next Monday (January 10th)

Question: to reinforce this communication: is there a way to show a general message in jira, as soon as you login,  for example, in this section?:

Screenshot (26).png

Or if you have another / better idea please let me know

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Yes, there is they have recently added in Jira cloud the ability to set messages to end users in the Settings>Systems>User Interface> Announcement  Banner.

maria lidia campo January 5, 2022

Thanks so much!! I did it! do you know (apparently not) if this text support rich text format? to use links, bold, etc? thanks again!

Like Aaron Geister likes this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

@maria lidia campo This is a new feature and from what I know there will be more developed on this but at this time as you stated its plain text.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer