Is there a way for automation to set Test Issue Status to Done when Execution = Pass

Misty Meyers June 4, 2021

Happy Friday!

I am searching for a way to eliminate the manual step of transitioning a Zephyr Test Case to "Done" when the Test Execution Status is set to Pass?

If seems there are very few links in the Automation tools in Jira that pull in Test fields such as Execution Status.

Thank you for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi @Misty Meyers  Happy Friday!

There are a few open suggestions to add more support to automation for tools like Zephyr, such as this one: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1295

Until stuff like that is added, two suggestions I have are:

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Ihab Palamino
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 10, 2023

hello guys i have a question is it possible to execute tests in jira where i use xray in an automatic way if yes could you provide me how?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2023

Hi @Ihab Palamino -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Please check if Xray has a REST API function which allows executing the tests.  If so, that could be called from an automation rule using the Send Web Request action.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events