Is there a way I can customise the Tickets field?

Janelleh Tang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2021

Currently there are default fields for me to create issue. 

e.g. Summary, Components, Description, Priority etc. 

Is there an away I can create custom field for creating issue? 

If feasible, will the change on fields having impact to the other tickets created previously under the same project? Any rules? (e.g. only able to add fields, but not remove fields) 

Thanks. 

1 answer

1 vote
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

You need to setup "screen scheme" in which the create issue "screen" is configured to have the custom fields you want.

You will have to follow the following:

1. Create a "screen" with the fields you need on it (for create issue)
  2. Create a "screen scheme" that which uses the above created screen for issue creation.
  3. Create an "issue type screen scheme" that is configured to use the above created screen scheme for required issue type.
  4. Associate that issue-type-screen-scheme with the required project.

More details are available here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-screens/

Janelleh Tang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2021

Thanks a lot for your advice. This is helpful. I am able to see the issue layout, however, I am only available to add/drop the suggested fields. Is there a way i can "create" custom field ? Thanks. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events