Is there a limit on search results from a Service Desk knowledgebase?

Esther Strom May 3, 2019

We have been using service desk for a while, but only with the email channel. We've recently switched to Cloud and opened up the portal. Our support team has populated the knowledgebase, but has noticed that when searching (in one of the views that a customer would see - either the main Help Center level, or the "related articles" that show up when a user is choosing a request type), only three results display, even though there are more tagged that should show up based on the search terms.

Is there a way to configure the number of results that display to a user? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2019

Hi Esther,

Unfortunately, there is not a way to configure the number of search results you see in a knowledgebase in the current versions of Server or Cloud.  However there are existing feature requests for this in

JSDCLOUD-4263

and

JSDSERVER-4263

respectively.   I would recommend that you vote/watch these for updates.   Should this feature come to Service Desk I would expect these suggestion tickets to be updated to reflect this.

Andy

Esther Strom May 6, 2019

Thanks, Andrew. That's what I was afraid of. It seems to defeat the purpose of allowing users to search for answers before submitting a new ticket, if they only get three possible results.

I've voted/watched the ticket; it's been open for almost 3 years, so I don't have much hope.

Suggest an answer