Is it possible to migrate filters and dashboards

prashantgera May 4, 2021

Is it possible to migrate filters and dashboards from one cloud instance to another?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2021

Hi @prashantgera

I remember from a Community post back in February that there are meanwhile possibilities - if I understood everything correctly (I have not had the time to test the solution myself):

At least they wrote that documentation is available so you could double check.

Please note that I am not affiliated with them, I am just replaying what I read in February and you would need to assess if it meets your needs / if it fits at all.

As for your sentence

"I cannot migrate the whole site because in my destination site there are already projects running. "

I am in doubt if this applies fully. At least there is a knowledge base article about it which you also could review:

For a tool-less approach I cannot recommend anything smart for dashboards. However for filters it might depend on how many they are. If there are only 5-10 in total it might be possible to copy & paste them to a new instance.

Cheers,
Daniel

prashantgera May 10, 2021

Thank you @Daniel Ebers for your reply. I have tried with this and I Jira ticket is still in progress. I believe it will be done soon

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

Hello @prashantgera 

Are you trying to migrate just filters and dashboards, or are you trying to migrate an entire site from one cloud instance to another?

prashantgera May 4, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

I cannot migrate the whole site because in my destination site there are already projects running.  Thinking to migrate projects one at a time and there also one cannot have sprint wise data. Looking for all the possible ways to clone complete instance data to the new instance without affecting running projects in the destination instance 

Quinton Lephoto October 26, 2022

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

We are trying to migrate Just filters and dashboards, any thoughts?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2022

@Quinton Lephoto 

Can you provide more information about why you want to migrate just filters and dashboards from one cloud site to another?

Did any of the suggestions provided by @Daniel Ebers work for you?

In a quick internet search I am not finding any Atlassian provided tools that will migrate just filters and dashboards from one Jira Cloud site to another.

Quinton Lephoto October 26, 2022

We are in the process of migrating our Jira instance from one Jira software server to another Jira software server. we are moving the projects using the project import option and we thought it would be great to have dashboards and filters moved to the target jira software server as well

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2022

Hello @Quinton Lephoto 

The Question that you have added to is tagged as being for Jira Cloud. As you are talking about moving issues between Jira Server instances I recommend that you start a new Question, specifying that you are trying to move data between Jira Server instances, and with the jira-software-server tag, so that it will be visible to those with the most knowledge in that area.

Like Quinton Lephoto likes this
Quinton Lephoto October 27, 2022

Thanks Trudy, Will do!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders