Is it possible to make automated recurring tickets?

Nick Pizzurro May 23, 2022

My team does a lot of reporting and the reports tend to be weekly or monthly. Instead of having to make new tickets every week/month is it possible to make recurring tickets for weekly/monthly projects like this? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2022

Hi Nick, Welcome to the Community!

Do you have Jira Automation in your project? Project settings -> Automation?

Thanks Garrett, and I don't see that in project settings.

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2022

I may be wrong, but I don't think it is possible without Jira Automation or a marketplace plugin. Sorry I couldn't help.

No worries, This is very helpful to know. Thank you so much for your time today.

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2022

Hi, @Nick Pizzurro !

I'd like to propose an alternative solution from my team - The Recurring Checklists and Report app. It allows to implement checklist into the Jira issue and make it recurring with a flexible scheduler. So, you are free from creating repetitive tasks every week/month.

image.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hi @Nick Pizzurro - also posted this on your other question. 

I just published an article on how to create a Recurring Need in Cloud without any plug-ins. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Creating-a-Flexible-Recurring-Need-Issue/ba-p/2040862#M6570

I hope you find it helpful. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events