Is it possible to get the user agent info for Issue

acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2021

My client wants to know info about the browser the user has opened a request in.

I have tried many thing but was no where able to retrieve the user agent info from the issue

tried API and other things .

Is there a way it can  be done?

If not ,  Is there any alternative ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2021

Hi @acc1211,

As far as I am aware, this information isn't available out of the box. What did you want to use it for?

My suggestion would be to look at addons in the marketplace to see if any of them can provide it where you need it.

Cheers,

Simeon.

acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

I need the info about the user agent to determine the issue is opened in which browser so as to see the most used browser . Is there any way i can get the info , i am using script runner are there any available classes in the developer api doc which helps me fetch this data .

@Simmo anything you could help with 

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

You'll need to reach out to the ScriptRunner folks I'm afraid mate. I can't help any further.

Suggest an answer