Is it possible to customize a different style for each project in Jira ?

Florent R_ March 5, 2021

I would like to have a different background color for each project, and from time to time, make appear an announcement banner specific to one of the projects.

I think I must use some kind of custom CSS but I don't see how.

Do you know if it possible and how to do it ?

Thanks for your help !

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2021

What do you mean by "module"?

Florent R_ March 8, 2021

I meant to say "projects" instead of "modules". We name it that way at my work.

Like Mathieu likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Ah, ok.

No, there's no way to theme Jira like that.  There are a couple of apps that try to do some customisation, but I can't say they're pretty, they do tend to break stuff in some versions of Jira, and I don't think they do project-by-project config.

You might have some luck injecting your own css into Jira code directly, but it's not simple, you'll have to worry about it on upgrades, and you won't be supported if you make the mods.

Enrique Castillo February 15, 2023

Hi,

any idea about this topic? we want to change/set CSS per project. Is that possible with Jira server.

latest info i have: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-20655

Thanks,

Enrique

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2023

It hasn't changed in the last 12 years - Atlassian are not going to do this.  It leads to a really messy and inconsistent experience.

They tried something similar a while ago with just the favicons, and got shot down in flames by the end-users.

You can do it on a server version, but be prepared for some intricate coding - you'll need to find or write something to do it (Only thing I've ever seen is the "Cute" app, which I'm afraid I cannot recommend)

Suggest an answer