Is it possible to create a user story in one project and use it in other projects ?

Girish Kumar Shenoy April 12, 2023

For Example: I have a requirement to develop login Page. I will create a three project for this in jira

1. Login-UI/UX

2. Login-Backend Development

3. Login- Frontend Development

Now if I create a User story in project #1, can this be leveraged to other two projects as well?

for example, can I create a subtask in Project #2 and #3 for the user story created under project #1.

2 answers

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Girish Kumar Shenoy  and welcome,

a ticket is part of one specific project and you can't have subtasks for different projects.

My suggestion is to create three different stories one for each project and link them each others.

Fabio 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No.  That would make it pointless having projects as the issue containers (the containers define the configuration of how issues work)

An issue can only be in one project at a time.  Sub-tasks are fragments of issues, so they can't exist outside their parent issue, and as part of their parent, they have to be in the same container.

You can link issues between projects of course, I suspect that's probably what you need to do here.

The other thing is that if you are using Jira Software, you have boards, which can include issues from any project you want, so the "issue is in project X" is not a problem for your teams.

Suggest an answer