Is it possible to clone a Test including test steps using XRAY Automation?

Abhishek Banerjee June 6, 2022

Hi,

I have been trying to clone a few Tests including the test steps to a different project by setting rules under XRAY Automation. However, although the Tests are cloned, the corresponding test steps are not cloned and it remains blank.

Is this feature supported by XRAY Automation? Since when I do it manually one by one ,  the test steps are cloned properly.

Need to understand this since I need to clone bulk Tests to a different project including test steps which is not possible manually due to large count.

2 answers

0 votes
Girivasan September 4, 2023

HI @Abhishek Banerjee  You got it worked? is deep clone is the only option?

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 7, 2022

Welcome to the community, @Abhishek Banerjee.

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Recently, we released an update for our Atlassian Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira which enables users to bulk clone Xray tests including test steps.

It's also possible to integrate Deep Clone with Jira Automation, but I assume that it would already help you to Bulk Clone Xray tests manually. 

If you have further questions about our app, don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Abhishek Banerjee June 8, 2022

Thanks Marlene for the response

Suggest an answer