Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to add issues from other (classic/scrum) projects into a next gen project?

Not sure if this is a dumb question so apologies.  I'm trying to see if my team can migrate to next gen boards for our kanban dev process, but I'd need to be able to add all of our epics and issues from other projects so we have an updated backlog in the kanban board. Is this even possible with next gen? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Aug 14, 2019

Hi Monica - you should be able to do a Move on the issues from the old project to the Next-gen project. The issue types and statuses might look a little different, though. 

Okay thanks. To be clear, to see the issues in next-gen then, I have to move them, I can't just create a filter in the next-gen project that shows the issues in other projects like a traditional project? 

John Funk Community Leader Aug 15, 2019

Ah, I understand better now. I have not tried that before, but you could give it a whirl. The filter for the board would look like: Project in (ABC, 123) where one of those is a classic project and one is a Next-gen project. 

The problem is that the two projects will have different workflows and not a part of the same workflow scheme. So you would need to make sure the board has all of the statuses from all workflows. 

Ah got it thanks, that makes sense so probably wouldn't even work for us, but good to know regardless.  I couldn't even find the place to create the filter for the next-gen board. 

You can't for the Next-gen board. You just have to create a generic filter and then attach it to a regular classic project board.

Okay, now I don't feel as dumb haha, thank you so much for the quick and helpful replies! 

Definitely not a dumb question. And happy to help.  :-)

I have Moved issues from one Project to another, but they were both Next-Gen Projects...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,529 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you