Is it possible to add issues from other (classic/scrum) projects into a next gen project?

Monica Ross August 13, 2019

Not sure if this is a dumb question so apologies.  I'm trying to see if my team can migrate to next gen boards for our kanban dev process, but I'd need to be able to add all of our epics and issues from other projects so we have an updated backlog in the kanban board. Is this even possible with next gen? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

Hi Monica - you should be able to do a Move on the issues from the old project to the Next-gen project. The issue types and statuses might look a little different, though. 

Monica Ross August 15, 2019

Okay thanks. To be clear, to see the issues in next-gen then, I have to move them, I can't just create a filter in the next-gen project that shows the issues in other projects like a traditional project? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2019

Ah, I understand better now. I have not tried that before, but you could give it a whirl. The filter for the board would look like: Project in (ABC, 123) where one of those is a classic project and one is a Next-gen project. 

The problem is that the two projects will have different workflows and not a part of the same workflow scheme. So you would need to make sure the board has all of the statuses from all workflows. 

Ah got it thanks, that makes sense so probably wouldn't even work for us, but good to know regardless.  I couldn't even find the place to create the filter for the next-gen board. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2019

You can't for the Next-gen board. You just have to create a generic filter and then attach it to a regular classic project board.

Okay, now I don't feel as dumb haha, thank you so much for the quick and helpful replies! 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2019

Definitely not a dumb question. And happy to help.  :-)

0 votes
Dwight Pfundstein August 14, 2019

I have Moved issues from one Project to another, but they were both Next-Gen Projects...

Suggest an answer