Is for both, Jira Management and Software

Noeli Fusco April 18, 2024

Hi!

I have a project in Jira Management (Premium), when an issue is transitioned to a specific state, a new issue is copied through the Jira misc workflow extension addon in another Jira Software (Standart) project, to be able to reliably carry out that transition, first from Jira management. You must complete a screen that was added to the transaction, with certain important data, one of them is the field: "Development Responsible". Well, what I need is that in the new issue that is created in Jira software, it can be copied who is the user who is making that transition, or who completes that "Development Responsible" field before transitioning, since it would be the same person who always does it. The objective is that in Jira Software the assignee who receives the incident knows who assigned it to him, so that if there is a question he knows who to direct it to.

I hope someone can help me with this.

2 answers

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Noeli Fusco 

I assume you are using a Create Issue(s) post function to create the issue in the Software project. On that post function, you can add, under the "Set fields of new issue" section, the field (a single user picker field) that will hold the user who transitioned the JSM issue, and then for the value of that field use this:

{{currentUser.accountId}}

Noeli Fusco April 19, 2024

Thank you very much David! i´ll try this!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi Noeli,

I would think you could do that with JMWE - though I don't know the exact syntax. But basically, you want to use "initiator" as the identifier of the person who carried out the transition. I know that value is available for smart values in automation rules, so hopefully, it can be used with JMWE. 

Noeli Fusco April 19, 2024

Hi Jhon, thanks! yup i´ll try.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders