Intermittence without JQL query return

rodrigo.palazzolli December 30, 2021

Hi, we have a specific query that is showing intermittence to return the result, at times it returns and at others it does not.

When it doesn't return, if we query a few times afterwards, the result returns. When it returns, if we try to query again, the result doesn't return.

Other queries are consulted normally.

We would like help identifying this issue and fixing it, or providing us with a log that can report this error to us as we cannot find the root cause of the issue.

We have Jira Software 8.5.8.

Thank you.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

Ok, that suggests the query is going wrong.

What errors are there in your logs?

rodrigo.palazzolli January 4, 2022

Hi, if the query is wrong, the result never return, correct? But the result return in some moments.

I saw the logs and don't find any error.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

So, what exactly are the circumstances in which a search succeeds or fails?  What are you doing differently?

rodrigo.palazzolli January 5, 2022

The search with success or fail occurred when I click in button "Search".

For example, if I to click one time in button to occur success, but if I to click again can to occurr success but can to occurr error, it's intermittent.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2022

So the same person, running the same query gets different results if the search is run a couple of times very close together (within a few minutes of each search)

This is definitely one to go to Atlassian support, unless there are errors in the logs to chase down.

0 votes
rodrigo.palazzolli January 3, 2022

Hi, I get this message.

Message_return.png

I saw the indicated log and don't find any error about this query.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2021

What exactly are the symptoms of "doesn't return"?  What do you get on-screen?   Error message?  Note that no issues were found? etc

Have you read your log to see if there are errors when you are trying these searches?  <Jira home>/logs/atlassian-jira.log ?

rodrigo.palazzolli January 3, 2022

Hi, I get this message.

Message_return.png

I saw the indicated log and don't find any error about this query.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events