Inject Javascript into the description of fields no longer works in Jira 8

Jordan Packer December 13, 2019

When using the Scriptrunner Web Item to add a button to a page, one of the action options is to "Do nothing - you will use javascript to bind an action". The solution used to be adding your Javascript binding to the Description of a field on the page (like Summary, for example) and this would allow the necessary javascript to be available on the page that the button is being used. However, after upgrading to Jira 8, it appears that this solution for injecting Javascript no longer works. What is recommended way to get these Web Item buttons to work in Jira 8?

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2019

Hi Jordan,

Have you tried to use the Announcement Banner for loading the JS code on Jira 8?

EDIT:

You can algo have a look into JsIncluder third-party app.

Regards

Yes, that appears to be working, however that's not allowed at my organization (as it loads on every page instead of just the Project/Issue Type that the script is needed for).

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2019

What about jsIncluder? I've edited my previous answer :)

Just now seeing this thread... https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/javascript-inject-in-custom-fields-in-jira-7/qaq-p/170592

Looks like there may not be a good solution anymore. Either the announcement banner or an add-on. :(

A. Truelsen June 15, 2021

I picked up the JsIncluder but the documentation i very dated and very russian,

I have a help button that has stopped working with by last update so I've very much appreciate a working example with JsIncluder if anybody can provide.

thanks

/anders

Suggest an answer