In the new JIRA UI, how do I change the order my dashboard favorites

Lorraine Gorman January 31, 2018

I used to find this in the old UI but I can't seem to figure it out in the new UI.  Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2018

Hi Lorraine,

I can see what you mean.  The new UI does provide you options to sort these by favorite, name, owner, and popularity.  But it looks like the ability custom order these was lost in the process of adding all these other sorting options.

Because of that, I went ahead and created a new feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68732

I agree that since the old version had this, it seems reasonable to want to still be able to customize the order there.   Sorry there does not appear to be a better work-around for this at this time.   I had considered what if you could change the names of the dashboards and then sort that way, but in retrospect, I don't think that is really a good alternative to the functionality that existed in the previous UI for Jira Cloud.

Sorry this probably isn't the answer you are looking for, but I would recommend watching that ticket for updates should this be changed in the new UI.

Regards,

Andy

Ella María Gunnarsdóttir May 12, 2023

@Andy Heinzer 

Hello, has there been any progress on this topic?

Suggest an answer