In the content of a Task, is it possible to display the time remaining for each subtask?

TinaTerzis May 7, 2019

When we set up our issues (tasks, stories, etc) we link subtasks for each activity we perform, i.e. Business Requirements Gathering, Development, etc.

How can we display the remaining time for each subtask as a widget, field in this view (see image below)

Task including subtasks time tracking.png

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2019

Hello Tina,

Unfortunately, the display you are needing can only be achieved in the old view of JIRA. The new issue view is still a beta feature so it does not have all the features available in the old view, like the displaying applicable by the jira.table.cols.subtasks parameter.

If you would like to get it working in the old issue view, you can follow the steps below:

- Navigate to JIRA Settings > System > General Configuration > Advanced Settings

- Add the field timeestimate in the jira.table.cols.subtasks parameter, separating it with a comma from the other fields

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 19.00.56.png

- Turn-off the new issue view (Click in the Profile picture > Personal Settings)

For the new issue view, we have a feature request open to implementing it:

Updating jira.table.cols.subtasks in Advanced Settings has no effect in new experience

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

TinaTerzis May 9, 2019

thank you this answered my question. Will wait for the change. Hopefully it will be soon

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2019

You are welcome, Tina.

Indeed, the new issue view and next-gen features are on the top list of our development team prioritization, so I believe it will not take too long to be implemented. Have a nice weekend!

Suggest an answer