IE11- Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials

iliya taushanov November 14, 2019

Hi, our tem keep getting this error message when we try to log in to Jira using IE11, version is 11.0.9600.19507 Update Versions 11.0.155.

FF and Chrome work fine.

The error message is : "Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials.".

Already tried:

• Added *.atlassian.com to Trusted sites (Internet Properties > Security > Trusted sites > Sites
  • Edited the security settings (Custom Level) for Trusted sites to:

-Enable Access data sources across domains (under Miscellaneous)

-Enable Allow META REFRESH (under Miscellaneous)

-Enable Active scripting (under Scripting)

• Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  • Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)

image.png

3 answers

0 votes

Unfortunately it's my (quite large) organization still using IE11, not my personal choice.

Many workstations are still forced to use IE only, with no other browsers available. Until after alternatives and W10 upgrades are fully rolled out, we need to figure out why IE11 can't access Jira.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2019

Is your JIRA running behind an Apache HTTP or something ?

It's not self hosted if that's what you mean. We are using the cloud version @ xxxxxx.atlassian.net

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2019

Unfortunately, I am also unable to access my JIRA 

1.PNGwhen I use IE11.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2019

I'd suggest you to reach out to Atlassian Support directly via Support Ticket.

I am not sure how this could be handled though - but maybe they have a way out.

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2019

Hello,

Why so keen on using IE ? I'd suggest stop using IE for almost all purpose unless you desperately need it. Also , try Edge is you are so keen on using something like IE :-)

I for myself prefer Yandex, Mozilla, Chrome , Opera.

0 votes
Nir Haimov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2019

I will suggest you to simply use different browser than IE11.

Even if you will solve this now, Atlassian already announced that they will not support IE11 as of March 31, 2020

https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/retiring-ie11-support-for-atlassian-cloud-server-and-data-center-products/

So just get used to work with another browser

Suggest an answer