I want to assign a ticket to respective user manager while creating ticket.

Pradeep T June 14, 2018

When ever a ticket is created in jira, the ticket must be assigned to the respective user manager. Please let me know where in post functions it need to be changed.

4 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2018

You can also consider automation using something like Automation for Jira Lite or similar. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2018

I would again point you to automation. I set this up on my test project using the aforementioned (free) addon very quickly (5m). It looks something like this:

1. When: issue created
  2. If: matches
    • project = test and creator in (E1, E2, E3)
    • Then: Assign the issue to M1
  3. Else-if: matches
    • project = test and creator in (E4, E5)
    • Then: Assign the issue to M2
  4. Else-if: matches
    • project = test and creator in (E6, E7)
    • Then: Assign the issue to M3
  5. Else....leave unassigned or whatever

note: not selling the mentioned automation here. there are certainly other addons to assist with this. Too, if you are using server there may be built in automation you can use, unsure.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2018

Hi @Pradeep T,

According to your description of M1,M2 and M3 groups

Do you consider using Components fields to distinguish the default designee?ld.png

Pradeep T June 14, 2018

No we are not using any components.  

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2018

HI @Pradeep T

Welcome to the community!

If you are talking about the single user manager then you can use the Update issue field post function and just you need to select Field as an Assignee and provide the field value as respective user manager.

Pradeep T June 14, 2018

Hi @Yogesh Mude

Thanks for the response. There are different managers out of which the ticket must be assigned to the users manager.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2018

Ok, let me ask you users manager is one entity or multiple?

If one then you can achieve with the Update issue field post function.

Pradeep T June 14, 2018

There are diff managers under which there will be different users.

Consider managers M1 M2 and M3. Under M1 there will be some users say a,b and c.

Under M2 there will be some users say d and e and under M3 there will be some users say f, g and h. 

When ever a or b or c raises ticket it must be assigned to M1. Similarly if d or f raises it must be assigned to M2 and whenever f or g or h raises it must be assigned to M3. 

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2018

Thanks for the detail description....in this case, the default jira post functions will not work like I and @Ollie Guan has been mentioned earlier.

Let me ask you one more time is all the three manages follows the same process or different (process workflows)?

Pradeep T June 14, 2018

All the three managers follow the same process. Once they approve it will be assigned to Sr. Manager who's approval is the final approval. 

As said earlier the three managers follow the same process.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2018

In this case, you need to work either of these ways..

1. You need to work with the custom script post function using Script runner ....while creating issue check the user role/group and then assign it to respective managers. 

2. using component.

3. Manually user needs to assign issue with their respective managers while creating a ticket.

Pradeep T June 14, 2018

@Yogesh Mude

Can you please attach one screen shot of the first option.

Pradeep T June 14, 2018

@Yogesh Mude

Can you please help me in the script. I have no idea in script.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2018

Like @Yogesh Mude@ said, I think the second and third option is relatively easy to achieve, you can try these two methods first

Pradeep T June 14, 2018

@Ollie Guan

Okay is there any document or link related to components. I want to try with 2nd option.

Please help me in this.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2018
Pradeep T June 15, 2018

After adding managers to the respective groups how to proceed?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2018

Modify the workflow, increase postfunction, similar to the picture I posted in the first reply

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2018

Hi @Pradeep T,

You can check the post functions in workflow

devs.png

Suggest an answer