How to set assignee to issue based on Component Lead?

zaharovvv_suek_ru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

Hey, guys! Is it possible to set assignee based on component Lead while creating issue?

What I mean is when an user creates an issue, then assignee of this issue will be lead of selected component.

An example of list components and their leads can be seen here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JRASERVER?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-page

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Charly [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

Hi @zaharovvv_suek_ru

Yes, When you are creating the components you can select the assignee from the same options.

components.png

In this case i'm creating the component named "Test", Carlos Aparicio is the Lead and in the last option i'm selecting that default assignee is the Lead of the component.

Hope this helps!

zaharovvv_suek_ru
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2018

Thanks, Carlos, for your reply! 

It works fine when component is created, however I would like to set assignee of issue based on component lead. That is Assignee of issue should be lead of selected component.

Create issue.pngthe component.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2018

That is what Carlos posted - you set the assignee to the component lead (and drop the field off the create screen if you don't want the users to override the "automatic" option)

zaharovvv_suek_ru
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2018

Thank you very much!:) 

0 votes
incadea - Admin Jira September 8, 2022

Nice, but how can I steer the automated assignment when component is changed or added at a later stage on ticket processing?

I mean the ticket is unassigned and then some dispatcher selects a component. It should then automatically assign it to the component lead if setup, right?

Please advise

thank you

Suggest an answer