I want to adjust the width of each column in the filter result gadget.

Jeoung April 23, 2020

I want to adjust the width of each column in the filter result gadget.

The width of unnecessary columns is automatically increased, and the width of important columns is reduced.
How can I solve this?
If you can fix it using a specific add-on, let me know how to fix it!

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2020

Hello @Jeoung

Thank you for reaching out.

Indeed, it is not possible to change the width of the columns in any gadgets of Jira dashboards and there are no add-ons that could provide the ability to edit Jira gadgets.

We understand how useful this feature would be, so we created the following feature request to consider its implementation:

Dashboard layout should be more flexible 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Unfortunately, we don't have plans to implement that feature in the near future due to some consequences (Poor performance, lack of stability, etc) that this feature could cause in the first analysis. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

5 votes
Daniel Daughtry-Weiss March 23, 2023

There is now a feature request specific to column width in the filter gadget. Perhaps that would be more doable than the one that is really for other Dashboard gadgets. It is also needed for Filters if the interaction with Dashboards is an issue. Click below and vote it up there if you want it!

[JRASERVER-73136] Adjustable width column Filter result gadget - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Lauren Hinrichs May 19, 2023

Couldn't agree more with this request to allow admins/users to adjust the column width for the Filter Result Gadget!!

YinChun_Sun September 13, 2023

Definately this feature is very helpful.

1 vote
Bruce Hartman October 26, 2023

FWIW - click on the issue - the jira team has decided to not fix this.  If you care, add your vote. 

Pull down "more", add vote.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events