I'm unable to create a new test case in Zephyr Scale

Leo Hamar de la Brethonière November 23, 2020

Since Monday 23-11-2020 I'm not able to create new testcases. Before (that is last Week and before) that wasn't a problem.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Could you define what "unable to create" means?  The option is not there?  It is, but an error message (or nothing) happens when you use it?  Zephyr is missing entirely? 

Leo Hamar de la Brethonière November 23, 2020

With "unable to create" I meant that the system did not react on a click on the link create test case. This is no longer the case but on the other hand I'm missing the link at all in case of existing test cases or test cycles!

The behaviour is different on different browsers, Google Chrome seems to be working the best but still not 100%

Eric Gumulak December 9, 2020

I too have an issue with the 'Create new Test' button located in the "Test Coverage" section for Xray (in my Jira Story).

When I click the button, nothing happens - I'm using Classic Software Project (perhaps the issue is there?)? I'm unsure if there is another setting/permission that needs to be enabled or reconfigured.

Note: another project in my Org is having success with the 'Create new Test' button - I looked at their settings and they match mine - they are using NextGen Software Project version - again, is this the issue?

Tom Zalewski December 30, 2020

I have the same issue.  To create a test case now, I click on the elipsis and select "See the old view". The "new test case" function will display in the body of the ticket.

Tom Zalewski February 22, 2021

This works for me,
Open your ticket. 
Under the ticket name there are 5 icons followed by dot dot dot.
From left to Right
1st Icon is Attachment
2nd icon is Create Subtask
3rd icon is link issues, web pages
4th icon is the zephyr scale  CLICK THIS to open a new test case
test case create.png

pratiksha kushal garud July 22, 2021

i have the same issue,if i click on zypher scale, then no options for creating test case is displayed

0 votes
Chris Allen April 5, 2022

Go to project details, under apps, click zephyr scale

then locate the following 

Permissions

If the permission system is enabled, the permissions configured below will be handled on this project. Otherwise, all users that can view this project will be able to perform any actions on Zephyr Scale.

Make sure this button is switched off. then go back and it should work 

0 votes
Amarendar Pottumuthu February 21, 2021

Same issue, I am unable to create Test Case, Test Cycle, Test Plan and create folder on Jira

Vladimir Rajacic March 5, 2022

In app settings, click turn off  in permission settings. Other settings can be turn on. Just change that in permission settings.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events