I have a BigPicture Gannt View of our Schedule. How do I share the view I have created?

Chris Black December 7, 2021

We have a booking schedule for our test environments. I have created a view in BigPicture (Gannt) that works well, but I do not seem to be able to share that view across the team.

There will be 2-300 viewers of the data, I can't expect them all to setup their own view or it will be highly confusing.

Is there a way to share the view I have of the data across the team?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jacob Vu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Chris Black

Have you looked in your settings to see if the view that you've created is 'private' or 'public'? If it's private, change it to public so that others can see it. That should help with sharing the view to different users.

Chris Black December 7, 2021

It was worse than that, I wasn't even using my own view!

But yes that was also necessary, so thank for taking the time to reply

Like # people like this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 8, 2021

Hi @Chris Black

I am glad that the issue has been resolved!

I just wanted to let you know that sharing views between users will soon be even more accessible, thanks to the "sharable URLs" feature planned to implement in H1 2022.

You can follow work progress in the feature request ticket: ONE-1948. It is best to open it in the incognito window of your browser. 

When it comes to sharing Column View only, be advised that currently, you can create your Column View in the Administration module and enable Inherited Mode to share it with other users. Here you will find more information.
Chris Black December 9, 2021

Thanks again, I will indeed follow that with interest.

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this

Suggest an answer