I can't get smart values to display in an automation update to Teams

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Help? I've been trying to create an automation rule to send out a reminder for the team to get their issues into the future sprints we have planned.

I've been trying to use smart values to have the rule use the current and future sprint values and they don't display at all in the actual message. I thought my syntax might be wrong but I tried to use known good smart values to test this.

Teams email.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

@Danno, can you please show the rest of the rule?  What is the trigger for this being sent out? 

Thanks,

Kian

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2021

@Kian Stack Mumo Systemsit is just going to be a scheduled email to occur every 14 days. The rule sends the message just fine. My issue is with the smart values not appearing in the message in Teams.

I can't tell if it related to Teams or how I am trying to use the smart values.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2021

@Dannothat's the issue. The Sprint smart values can only be used with the Sprint Created, Sprint started and sprint completed triggers. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 4.44.03 PM.png

Jira doesn't know what sprint you're referring to if you just send an email once every two weeks.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2021

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems  Got it. I'll need to figure out a way to get the information in some way.

In my first example, I thought I had included a smart value that didn't require a search or some other tie in and still wasn't getting the smart values to print. When I used {{NOW}} in my message it confirmed that the Teams connector was working correctly with Smart Values.

Now the trick is to get the name of the current and future sprints in some way that allows me to create the automated reminder to get tasks into the sprints.

Thanks for your help. I'll mark this one as accepted and create another question when I've exhausted my brain on the JQL syntax and rule creation techniques I'll need to get what I want.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events