I can't create a classic project

Werner Schott July 20, 2021

I no longer have the option to create classic projects. What can I do? ThanksJira_project.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Hi Werner,

Classic projects have been rebranded to Company-managed projects. And Next-gen projects have been rebranded to Team-managed projects.

So click on Create Project

Then select Jira Software on the bottom left side

Then select Kanban or Scrum

Then select Use the Template

Then select Company-managed project

Werner Schott July 21, 2021

Thanks. Confusing, but now it makes sense.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

@Werner Schott 

There is no pull down when one clicks on the Create Project button from the View All Projects page.

Instead when you click the button you get a page to select from the project templates and the type of board you want to create.

After that you get a screen where you click the Use Template button.

And then you get a screen that lets you select between Company Projects and Team Managed projects.

0 votes
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

@Werner Schott  Can you check if you still have Jira admin permission in your jira environment?

Yes.

I do have Jira admin rightsadmin.png

Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

@Werner Schott  Can you try adding yourself to Jira admin group as it seems you are currently only Site Admin

Werner Schott July 21, 2021

Thanks but nothing to do with permission. The answer is simply: Classic projects have been rebranded to Company-managed projects. And Next-gen projects have been rebranded to Team-managed projects. Thanks.

Suggest an answer