I can not change the name showed in Project lead in project settings

Hamer Sun October 25, 2018

My account is the default admin. Today I want to change the "Project lead" field in project settings to my full name instead of "admin" showed in this field. However, after I done the change and clicked save details. Then it would automatically revert to admin, not my full name "Hamer Sun". Can any body help me? Thanks. 

ps. I refer to the resolved question "https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Cannot-change-Project-Lead/qaq-p/666461" But after reading the answer, I still have no idea how to do. 

1 answer

0 votes
Divya Suseelan October 25, 2018

I think its because your username is 'admin' and not your full name. Hence the change is not reflected.

Hi Diua.Suseelan,

Thanks for your answer. Actually I have no idea where to check my username, not full name. I mean I don't know where to change my username. Could you give me a direction? Thanks.

Click on your profile in JIRA > Manage Account

Edit the Name. 

Could you try this one please.

Profile.png

@divya.suseelan

I ever did the change. The account setting include "full name" and "nick name".  The 2 fields show "Hamer Sun".

Actually I'm the default admin for my Jira project space. I ever tried to create a new project and noticed that its default Project Lead would be "admin". I tried to change it by inputting my name "Hamer Sun" and save details. Then the field "Project Lead" would be back to "admin". Do you have any idea? Thanks.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Rename-quot-admin-quot-username/qaq-p/114183

Can you check the above link and see if this solution works for you. 

@divya.suseelan

Thanks for your information. I tried to add another account to site_admin group and then changed Project Lead from admin to my full name "Hamer Sun" (I also ever changed my full name to Hamer.Sun or Hamer). However it did not work.  The Project Lead field would always be back to "admin" except I changed the Project Lead to another user.

So, now I think there is another problem that how do I change my "username". From the questions posted in the community, it seems that my problem is that my username is "admin". But I do not know where to check my username and how to modify. I just can see my "full name" and "nick name" settings in my account setting page.

Suggest an answer