Cannot change Project Lead?

I am seriously losing faith in this system. I  can't change the 'Project Lead'. When I select myself (Admin) as the 'Project Lead' it changes it back to 'admin'. This is in Project Settings.

2 answers

2 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Dear Roger,

When you head over to your project, to ''Users and roles'' and press ''Edit Defaults'' you should just be able to change the project lead. May I ask what browser and version of JIRA you are using?

Also; How long is your project key/name? It could be due to this;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/project-lead-cannot-be-altered-for-a-specific-project-for-jira-7-802162379.html

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

This widget could not be displayed.

What do you mean "it changes it back"?  What, exactly, is happening?

Hi Nic,

I type my name in which it shows in the dropdown but when I click on the save button it changes back to 'admin'.

Jeremy Mooiman Community Champion Nov 06, 2017

@Roger PorterI assume that the update functionality is not working. Could you check if your conditions match the ones that I have posted in my initial answer?

Sorted, I think it's because my username is admin but the full name is Roger Porter

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,063 views 5 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you