Cannot change Project Lead?

Roger Porter November 6, 2017

I am seriously losing faith in this system. I  can't change the 'Project Lead'. When I select myself (Admin) as the 'Project Lead' it changes it back to 'admin'. This is in Project Settings.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

Dear Roger,

When you head over to your project, to ''Users and roles'' and press ''Edit Defaults'' you should just be able to change the project lead. May I ask what browser and version of JIRA you are using?

Also; How long is your project key/name? It could be due to this;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/project-lead-cannot-be-altered-for-a-specific-project-for-jira-7-802162379.html

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

What do you mean "it changes it back"?  What, exactly, is happening?

Hi Nic,

I type my name in which it shows in the dropdown but when I click on the save button it changes back to 'admin'.

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

@Roger PorterI assume that the update functionality is not working. Could you check if your conditions match the ones that I have posted in my initial answer?

Sorted, I think it's because my username is admin but the full name is Roger Porter

Hamer Sun October 25, 2018

@Roger Porter

I'm suffering from this problem. I'm also a default admin (I created Jira project for the team). From your description, you ever encountered the problem to change Project Lead showing "admin" to your full name. You said it is because your username is admin. How did you solve the problem? Where can I check my username? Thanks.

Suggest an answer