I can no longer view hierarchy Epic, Task, and Subtask, where I could expand and collapse.

Sheralee Francisco June 9, 2022

I can no longer view hierarchy Epic, Task, and Subtask, that are all tied together as where I could expand and collapse.   It was working previously where I can see the Epic, and the Task underneath the Epic and the Subtasks underneath the Task.  But now shows up as Epic , Task and Subtask all as a standalone individual lines with no option to expand and not tied to Task so I can not view the hierarchy. 

I have this set up as Business Project under a team managed project.  

1st attachment is how I used to be able to view, Epic, Task and Subtask underneath. 

If someone can please advise how to get that first view back to show how the Epics and Task and subtask expand and collapse. 

2nd attachment now shows view as standalone lines no hierarchyExpand and Collapse.pngStandalone lines.png.  

4 answers

1 vote
Dustin Alcock July 14, 2022

This "update" just hit our cloud instance this week, taking away the hierarchy in list view. We've had to (temporarily) move to a $3k a year add-on to get around it....not happy. The App for others who need it is "JXL Table Sheets".

1 vote
chumphreys June 10, 2022

I noticed this as well yesterday and was very excited to have the ability to collapse and expand Epic child issues from the list view. Disappointed to see that feature disappear in a matter of hours. Please bring it back!

0 votes
Shan _SHPK_ August 22, 2022

It appears to be this issue is mainly for the JIRA Business Projects (Company Managed Projects), for the Team Managed Business Projects, this Hierarchy is still working.

For Company Managed projects, during the creation of Epic, Tasks, Sub-Tasks, Custom Issue types it's working and still showing the correct hierarchy, but when I move to a different view and come back to List view, the Hierarchy is broken, everything shows like a standalone Tasks, but when I click on the Epic, it's still showing the associated Tasks as it's child.

Hopefully they will address this issue quickly.  Not sure if anyone has a work around to fix this. I wish there is an option to create a custom issue type (epic level)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It's really hard to tell because you've chopped off most of the information we'd actually need to start diagnosing this.  But my first instinct is that you are looking at two different lists, screens built for different purposes.

Sheralee Francisco June 10, 2022

The list is the same , I had just refreshed it and I lost the hierarchy and the order changed where the subtasks were now above the task it should be associated with.  I tried to attach the complete table but it is blurred but the attached shows original view with the hierarchy ( sorry that it is blurry )and the 2nd attachment is when I refreshed the link.  

Sheralee Francisco June 10, 2022

List view with hierachy.pngList view no hierachy.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events