Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I can no longer view hierarchy Epic, Task, and Subtask, where I could expand and collapse.

I can no longer view hierarchy Epic, Task, and Subtask, that are all tied together as where I could expand and collapse.   It was working previously where I can see the Epic, and the Task underneath the Epic and the Subtasks underneath the Task.  But now shows up as Epic , Task and Subtask all as a standalone individual lines with no option to expand and not tied to Task so I can not view the hierarchy. 

I have this set up as Business Project under a team managed project.  

1st attachment is how I used to be able to view, Epic, Task and Subtask underneath. 

If someone can please advise how to get that first view back to show how the Epics and Task and subtask expand and collapse. 

2nd attachment now shows view as standalone lines no hierarchyExpand and Collapse.pngStandalone lines.png.  

2 answers

I noticed this as well yesterday and was very excited to have the ability to collapse and expand Epic child issues from the list view. Disappointed to see that feature disappear in a matter of hours. Please bring it back!

0 votes

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It's really hard to tell because you've chopped off most of the information we'd actually need to start diagnosing this.  But my first instinct is that you are looking at two different lists, screens built for different purposes.

The list is the same , I had just refreshed it and I lost the hierarchy and the order changed where the subtasks were now above the task it should be associated with.  I tried to attach the complete table but it is blurred but the attached shows original view with the hierarchy ( sorry that it is blurry )and the 2nd attachment is when I refreshed the link.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,770 views 37 47
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you