I am unable to clone a story.

Marina Ivanova November 27, 2022

Dear Team,

I hope you are all well.
I have a task to clone the following story however, I do not see the option clone.
https://jsw.ibm.com/browse/SCSIT-4194

Please advise how I shall clone the story and modify it.

Thank you,

2 answers

0 votes
Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2022

@Marina Ivanova , there may be many causes behind this behavior because the information is insufficient. Could you please provide the details such as 

• whether you are using Jira cloud/Jira on-premises(server or data center)?
  • share the snapshot if possible
Marina Ivanova November 28, 2022

Hi @Vedant Kulkarni ,

I use Jira@IBM and access it through this link: https://jsw.ibm.com/browse/SCSIT-4194

I want to open a case related to a procedure that I perform every week.
I am sending an excel table with names of engineers to the ECI team. And they upload it to the system in a way that updates the system of our client Teradata (SNOW).
ECI Yakipa wants us to automate this process.
Is this possible?
As I was advised first to clone this story.
I see that the story was cloned before:

Example:

Screenshot 2022-11-29 091508.png

Marina Ivanova November 30, 2022

@Vedant Kulkarni 

Any suggestions? 

Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2022

@Marina Ivanova one way, if REST Endpoints are available at the other ends, then you can call the endpoints from Jira by passing the required details. To achieve this you will require an add-on like Scriptrunner for Jira

But I didn't understand the relationship between cloning the story and sending the excel data to other teams. Please elaborate.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2022

Hi @Marina Ivanova welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira doesn't have a Clone permission, only a Create permission.

Are you able to create issues in that project? Can you confirm that there is no jira.permission.create property set in the first status of the workflow?

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

I see that there is a clone option.Screenshot 2022-11-29 091508.png

I want to open a case related to a procedure that I perform every week.
I am sending an excel table with names of engineers to the ECI team. And they upload it to the system in a way that updates the system of our client Teradata (SNOW).
ECI Yakipa wants us to automate this process.
Is this possible?
As I was advised first to clone this story.

Marina Ivanova November 30, 2022

@Dave Mathijs 
Any suggestions?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Which app is being used to synchronise Jira issues with the external system?

Suggest an answer