I am trying to create a Product Sandbox for Jira Software, but the option is not available.

Steve Lundy August 10, 2022

I am trying to create a Sandbox for Jira Software, but the option doesn't seem to be available, and I cannot figure out why.  Here is what I have checked:

1) Jira Software does have a Premium subscription:

Screenshot 2022-08-10 104902.png2) I do have Site admin permissions.

Screenshot 2022-08-10 105143.png

3) I also made sure that I am a member of every administrator group in the system:

Screenshot 2022-08-10 105646.pngScreenshot 2022-08-10 105731.pngScreenshot 2022-08-10 105757.png

The issue is that when I go to admin.atlassian.com, it takes me straight to the user management page, and there is not the ability for me to select "Product" at the top of page as the page.

Screenshot 2022-08-10 110139.png

I am assuming that this has to be some sort of permission issue, but I am at a loss.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Hello @Steve Lundy are you an org admin? You should see "org admin" appear right next to your name in the user list. If you aren't, you'll need to contact the org admin on your site.

Org admin can only create and manage the sandbox as mentioned here.

Steve Lundy August 11, 2022

Okay, that is what I was missing.  Contacted one of the Org Admins and had myself added.  Off to the races now!! 

Thanks,

Steve

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events