I am trying to add a sub task issue type to my team managed project but i can see that i cant create

Lubna Dabash December 21, 2021

I am trying to add a sub task issue type to my team managed project but i can see that i cant create an issue with a sub task type there is only one available i usually use it to create a sub- bug on the story 

can someone help with this?

1 answer

1 vote
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hello @Lubna Dabash 

From team-managed projects documentation, 

Currently, you can only create custom "standard" issue types. You can't create custom "parent" or "subtask" issue types. 

Documentation

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/set-up-issue-types-in-team-managed-projects/

Jira uses the suggested subtask issue type to power other features in team-managed projects like swimlanes on the board, and progress tracking while viewing an issue. To use these features, you must use the suggested Subtask issue type (and avoid creating your own custom issue type called “Subtask”). In team-managed projects, subtasks are called “children” of standard issues like bugs, tasks, or stories.

BR, Olga

Jeremy Francis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2022

Thanks, @Olga Videc 
This saved me some headache of trying to find an answer

Suggest an answer