I am not able to write in jira

João Miranda March 21, 2023

I am not able to write in jira (edit tickets, search engine), I have tried it on 2 computers and in google chrome and Microsoft Edge. I restarted computer, tried with and without VPN connected. I also asked my company's support for help and they say that everything is fine, my user settings are the same as the others in the company.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Hi @João Miranda , to be clear, are you saying that you can browse issues within a Jira project but you cannot edit any values? Have you checked multiple projects? It may be that your permissions are not configured to allow you to edit issues.

Hi @Jack Brickey I can edit, so much so that when I refresh I get it back and can even edit if it's very fast. But quickly it won't let me write again. In the search for example the same happens to me I could search and I can, until it stops giving. No matter how much I click on the place where I should write, it stops working. I have tried it on several projects and the same thing happens to me. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

this is quite odd. Are others reproducing this behavior? I think that you will need Atlassian support if this is repeatable. You will need to work with your admins on this if you are not a technical contact.

Like João Miranda likes this

For now I am the only one complaining about this issue

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Can you try a different computer? This would tell us if it is your computer or your account.

I have tried it on different computers and in different browsers as well. I end up with the same problem

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events