I am not able to find default cloud mail server in my instance what is wrong with my instance?

Syave Srikanth July 5, 2021

i want to create issues so i am not able to find default cloud mail server which is used to add in mail handler.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

Hi!

• Click cog wheel
  • Click System
  • Click Incoming Mail

You should be able to see the incoming mail server.

Alternatively click ".", then type "incoming mail", hit enter and you will see it as well.

Be well,

Alex

Syave Srikanth July 5, 2021

Thank u for your reply as u said i did the same way but its not showing for me , but my colleague's instance i can see default cloud mail server , in my instance i am not able to see.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

Are the global mail settings on?

Could you send a screenshot of both global mail, as well as incoming mail?

Like Syave Srikanth likes this
Syave Srikanth July 7, 2021

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-07 at 11.19.47 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-07-07 at 11.14.31 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-07-07 at 11.14.05 AM.jpeg

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

@Syave Srikanth did you try to move things from one instance to another? Did you made a restore on this instance?

In any case you should contact Atlassian's support (support.atlassian.com). They will be the ones to fix this issue for you.

Syave Srikanth July 7, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  okay thanks i will be contacting Atlassian's Support 

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

Great! Do let me now if they will resolve your issue. And in case you do, mark this question as solved, to help others with the same problem.

1 vote
Dave Bosman [Realdolmen]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

Hi @Syave Srikanth 

If you can't find the mail settings, it is probably due to the fact that you don't have "Jira system administrators" permission.

In System administration, Security, Global permissions you are able to define some permissions, if you have enough access to see it offcourse. You need to have this specific permission before you are able to see/update the mail settings. 

Regards

Dave 

EDIT: Nevermind, i just noticed the cloud tag. I was thinking of Server and Datacenter. 

Suggest an answer