• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I always have to set the Resolution when creating a new issue.

Hi all, 

Every time I create a new issue when I save it shows the resolution as mandatory fields and I cannot save without filling a resolution which makes non sense since I'm creating a new issue. 

How can I save without setting a resolution? 

See below: 

Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 09.04.12.jpg

3 answers

2 accepted

Hi @Sébastien Nunes ,

Welcome to the Community.

You can refer to this post here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/cant-create-any-new-tickets-says-quot-The-selected-resolution-is/qaq-p/1322396

"Resolution is the system field which will become mandatory by default in all screens it's been added and it's not a good practice to have it in Create and Edit screen

And if the filed is available in screen it can't be made as optional one and you can't process the ticket without filling value 

To fix this, resolution field should be removed from Create and Edit screen

you can have a transition screen on final state transitions to set resolution or post-function to set on final status"

Cheers,

Gökçe

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Dec 28, 2020

Hi @Sébastien Nunes

in case you are not the administrator of that Jira instance yourself - just speak to your Jira admins to let them remove the field from the create screen you showed us.
This is done with just a few mouse clicks and the problem you are seeing will be gone immediately.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes

OK great thanks! I actually informed the admin about this issue and they said they had no clue why it was behaving like that. Will tell them to remove the field then! 

Thanks for your help!

and also ask them to Make this field on Last transition which connected to "Green Color" status to set resolution for the task. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,044 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you