I always have to set the Resolution when creating a new issue.

Sébastien Nunes December 28, 2020

Hi all, 

Every time I create a new issue when I save it shows the resolution as mandatory fields and I cannot save without filling a resolution which makes non sense since I'm creating a new issue. 

How can I save without setting a resolution? 

See below: 

Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 09.04.12.jpg

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 28, 2020

Hi @Sébastien Nunes ,

Welcome to the Community.

You can refer to this post here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/cant-create-any-new-tickets-says-quot-The-selected-resolution-is/qaq-p/1322396

"Resolution is the system field which will become mandatory by default in all screens it's been added and it's not a good practice to have it in Create and Edit screen

And if the filed is available in screen it can't be made as optional one and you can't process the ticket without filling value 

To fix this, resolution field should be removed from Create and Edit screen

you can have a transition screen on final state transitions to set resolution or post-function to set on final status"

Cheers,

Gökçe

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2020

Hi @Sébastien Nunes

in case you are not the administrator of that Jira instance yourself - just speak to your Jira admins to let them remove the field from the create screen you showed us.
This is done with just a few mouse clicks and the problem you are seeing will be gone immediately.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Sébastien Nunes December 28, 2020

OK great thanks! I actually informed the admin about this issue and they said they had no clue why it was behaving like that. Will tell them to remove the field then! 

Thanks for your help!

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2020

and also ask them to Make this field on Last transition which connected to "Green Color" status to set resolution for the task. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events