I Am facing an issue while importing CSV file in jira

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu October 24, 2018

Hi,

When i tried to import CSV from Old Instance to new instance .all the fields are imported successfully except the Created and Updated Date Fields.And in my CSV there is an another custom date field which is not imported and i checked all the Time Zones and Date Time Formats in Both Instances.Still i am facing the same issue.Kindly Provide me a proper answer ASAP.

Best,

P

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2018

Hi @Peddiboyina Nagendrababu

The csv import generates a log. Could you find anything related to this in the log?

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu October 25, 2018

No

My Main Concern is about the Date Fields.When i imported it is Showing the Current Date as Created and Updated Dates.Is this Possible To Import this Date Fields.

But i want the dates in which the tickets really Created in My Old Instance.

Best,

P

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2018

Answer to your question is : Yes, possible to give a different date for 'date created' and 'Date Modified'

Check on your import log to find something like : Unable to parse created date

Warnings.PNG

I Tested importing 5 Tickets and I am Facing this issue.

Please help out in doing this

Best,

P

And I Also tried by Taking two different Custom Fields in My New Instance with new Created Date and New Updated Date and Keeping Them on both edit and View Screens .

Still I am facing the same concern.Please..

Best,

P

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2018

It is not clear that your date data is not formatted properly?

try dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm

In CSV or Project Mapping Place111.PNGKindly Provide Me a Clear Solution and any Documentation Helpful for my issue. 

222.PNGThis is my created and Updated Dates In CSV File.Please Respond to my Request ASAP...

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2018

Hi @Peddiboyina Nagendrababu

Not sure why you are not trying dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm  in the setup as i suggested. That is as clear as it can go..

Suggest an answer